Every Sunday 6-8pm Anais+ opens the doors of Picnics Kitchen to create a culinary collective with guest Chefs, and cook a Farmer’s Market Feast for the Costa Mesa community. The Feast is prepared in an open kitchen using fresh produce from the SoCo and Newport Beach Farmer’s Markets.
Anais + a guest Chef create a seasonal collection of 5-6 dishes, blending Certified California grown, farmers’ market ingredients with free-range, grass-fed, pastured meats from a local, California Rancher. We serve our guests family style at a communal table, with platters of farm fresh foods. Each week the menu changes depending on the guest Chef and the seasonal produce at the market.
Sunday, October 28th 6-8
- Mushroom Marsala Bruschetta- A medley of fresh picked mushrooms sauteed and simmered with Marsala wine, garlic, chives, and butter. Topped on freshly baked bread.
- Butternut Squash Soup- Roasted butternut squash roasted until silky smooth, and blended with coconut milk, and topped with grated chestnut.
- Tomato and fresh mozzarella salad tossed with olive oil and garnished with chiffonade of basil.
- Lasagna- Fresh pasta layered with grass fed beef bolognese, homemade tomato sauce, and fresh ricotta.
- Roasted Lemon thyme chicken- Free range chicken cut into pieces and marinated in lemon and thyme.
- Fruit Tart- Flaky pie crust filled with custard and topped with seasonal farmers market fruit.
- $30 Community Table- Includes all 5-6 courses, dessert, alkaline water from the Water Brewery and a refreshing beverage. Seating in the front of the house, at the Community Table.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21st Anais+Tara MENU:
Inspired by Corazon de Tierra in Baja Mexico
+Fresh baked rosemary bread, served with a Hoja de Zanahoria (carrot top) and garlic pesto
+Grass fed beef, homemade jerky soaked in a hot sauce and lime juice
+Baby herbs and greens tossed with heirloom tomatoes, a scatter of pomegranate, served with salty Mexican cheese and an arugula and basil pesto
+ Gnocchi with lemon zest
+Pastured Boar Gouloush with anchiote paste and nopales
+Roasted salted carrots
+ Bosc pear tart with almond meal crust